Florida Diver Duck Hunt
Diver Duck Hunting –
$300 Per Gun – 2 Gun Minimum
The hunt will begin approximately an hour and a half before daylight. This time will be used to set up and put out your decoy spread. We hunt for 3 hours or until a legal limit of ducks is harvested.
There are four main strategies we use to target diver ducks:
- Layout Boat Hunting– this is our most popular set up. This is especially kid friendly with in-your-face-shots. Also, this is awesome for late season veteran ducks that just can’t be fooled by regular spreads.
- Bank Blinds– this is our early season setup and works great until the birds start getting smart.
- Boat Blinds– this method is used with 16-foot aluminum duck boats with rigged pop-up blinds.
- Wader Hunting– Big spreads over grass beds where the ducks have been feeding.
Every week is different and we have to adapt week-by-week depending on how the birds react. We might be able to get away with as little as 4 dozen decoys or have to put out as many as 20 dozen decoys. The most commonly targeted species includes Redheads, Bluebills, and Buffleheads. You may also have a chance at a Scoter.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Shot Gun (12 Gauge recommended)
- Shells (3″ or 3 1/2″ #3s or #4s) (Bring at least 3 boxes)
- Florida HIP Permit
- Florida Nonresident or Resident Hunting License
- Federal Duck Stamp